Amber tagged me again! We are the most boring old people I know! Oh well! Here goes:
1. What is his name? Wynn Clyde (yes, Clyde! What was his mother thinking?)
2. Who eats more? Sometimes him, sometimes me.
3. Who said "I love you" first? I did, but it was in shorthand and he wasn't supposed to guess what it said. Of course he did and I was embarrassed until he whispered it back to me!
4. Who is taller? He is at 5'11'', I am 5'5".
5. Who is smarter? He is smarter about some things and I am about others.
6. Who is more sensitive? Definitely me. He is of the old school where sensitivity was a female problem!
7. Who does the laundry? I think Wynn has done approximately 2 loads of laundry in our 35 years of marriage. He definitely knows how to make it dirty! He will wear holey socks from the drawer before he remembers to look in the dryer for clean socks!
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do, it is closer to the window that I like to keep open for fresh air.
9. Who pays the bills? I do.
10.Who cooks more? It is pretty equal right now. Before the kids moved out, I did all the cooking except for BBQ. I don't cook much now that the kids are gone. Wynn is still king of the grill!
11. What meals do you cook together? Occasionally a light dinner for just the two of us.
12. Who is more stubborn? We are both pretty stubborn and neither one of us likes to give in and admit that we are wrong.
13. Who is the first to admit they're wrong? Neither one of us is good at it. Most times we just agree to disagree.
14. Who has more siblings? Wynn does, he has 6 siblings, 4 brothers and 2 sisters, I have 1 brother.
15. Who wears the pants in the relationship? At this point in our relationship we probably share that pair of pants in most things. Spiritually, Wynn definitely!
16. What do you like to do together? Sit back and watch our family as it grows and changes. We chuckle a lot!
17. Who eats more sweets? Me, no question!
18. His guilty pleasures? Tinkering with anything rather than tackling the mile long list of honey do's.
19. How did you meet? We first met when he was dating my close friend. A long story but they had been apart for months before he asked me out!
20. Who asked who out first? He asked me out for a motor cycle ride into the mountains on a Sunday afternoon the 2nd day of January. His motorcycle got a flat tire in a very small town in the mountains outside of L.A. All the stores were closed so we sat on a curb on the main street and waited for his friend to drive all the way up there to get us. We had nothing to do but talk to pass the time. That was when I realized that I wanted to get to know this guy better!
21. Who proposed? He did, sort of. We really just started talking about it, there really wasn't a formal proposal.
22. Who kissed who first? He kissed me, (that was the way it was done way back then!) but I am sure he caught enough signals from me to know it was OK (that's also the way a woman did it back then!!)
23. His best features? His blue eyes. His dirty, rough hands - to me they represent his hard work and commitment to taking care of me and our family.
24. His greatest quality? That he goes to work every day, long days, even though the job is not always pleasant. No matter what, he has always believed that he is the provider and caretaker of this family and it is his job to make sure everyone is taken care of. He has passed that on to our children, they are all hard workers albeit in different ways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That was fun. There were a few things that I didn't know about you guys. Those Mansfield boys know how to really impress a girl on the first date.
It is always fun to read about your parents. No matter if we've heard it before. It always is sooo sweet.
aahhhhhh!! you are so not old and boring!! loved reading that!
flat tire . . . yeah right!!!!! I've heard that before!! That actually was neat, I didn't know some of that stuff either!
Post a Comment